Association of Alternative News Media Award

Very excited and honored to have received a first-place award in the News Story (Short Form) category among newspapers in both the US and Canada with circulation below 50,000 at this year's AAN Alt-Weekly Awards, announced last Friday. I submitted three East Bay Express environmental news stories to the competition: "The Blair Park Project," "Solar Is Still Humming," and "How Organic Is Organic?" This is my first first-place national award, following on the heels of a second-place national award at the North American Agricultural Journalists contest earlier this year, which was open to US and Canada publications of all sizes. And it's my third award for environmental reporting, which I'm particularly proud of. Thanks to my editors Robert Gammon and Kathleen Richards at the Express; couldn't have done it without your help.

Comments

Popular Posts