A Profile of CPUC Commissioner Carla Peterman

Finally the first of my latest batch of stories makes it out into the world: a profile of CPUC Commissioner Carla Peterman. I spoke with her way back when I was working on my last cover story for the Express, a feature on the role of energy storage in bolstering our grid and supporting the continued integration of solar and wind. Peterman played a starring role in helping California adopt the nation's first energy-storage mandate, which was formally adopted last month. In this profile for Breakthroughs, the alumni magazine of UC Berkeley's College of Natural Resources, I explain what she did to make it happen and take a stab at uncovering her motivation -- in other words, what inspires her passion for responsible energy policy. This includes her support of not just storage and renewables but also public subsidy. In addition to her high-profile CPUC post, the 35-year-old has an impressive resume and a bright future.

Comments

Popular Posts