The passing of Elizabeth Grossman

So sad to hear the news about Lizzie. I never met her, but we did sort of cross paths at a couple Society of Environmental Journalists conferences, including me hearing her discuss environmental health issues as a panelist on two or three occasions. Just knowing about her and her work was enough to guide me toward environmental health as a beat. I sort of considered her the expert on environmental health in SEJ.
Her absence only reinforces my commitment to covering environmental health. But turns out she also wrote books about adventuring along the Lewis and Clark Trail, encountering mountain lions in the wild, removing dams -- public lands, conservation and restoration, outdoors recreation, biodiversity, human health...they're all connected, a fact I aim to demonstrate through my writing as well. 
RIP Elizabeth Grossman, and thank you immensely for your work. 

Comments

Popular Posts