The final issue of Estuary News and my last two articles

I started writing for Estuary News back in 2012, when I was still pretty new to the environment/science beat (I made the transition from covering music in 2010). Over the last decade-plus I've contributed to the magazine in a number of ways, including writing and reporting, editing and copyediting, meeting and brainstorming, taking the lead on an issue or two, and more. 

In other words, while Ariel Rubissow-Okamoto was always at the helm, I did what I could to help keep the enterprise fresh, clean, readable, informative, and indispensable to its readership of scientists, researchers, experts, agency staff, and other folks interested in learning about science and restoration in the Bay-Delta region. 

Well, all that's now over, with Estuary News having just published its final issue after a 30-year run. I'm sad to see it come to end, but all good things must. To the final issue I contributed story ideas, copyediting/proofing, and two articles -- one looking at public access to the Bay shore and another on the latest at Bel Marin Keys, a massive tidal wetland restoration site not far from my home in Petaluma. Farewell, Estuary News!

Comments

Popular Posts