A pair of stories on Berkeley research

I occasionally write about research happening at UC Berkeley for some of its department/alumni publications, including the College of Natural Resources' Breakthroughs magazine and the CITRIS (Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society) online news digest. These articles do receive university vetting, so they can't be considered journalism in the purest sense, but I get the opportunity to review and approve the final product, which is more than I can say for some other publications I've worked with. In that sense I stand by this work just as I do anything else with my name on it. Here are two recent examples for CITRIS: first, a story on a Berkeley-born startup seeking to improve air-pollution monitoring in cities around the world (a subject near and dear to my heart); and second, a story on a new UC report and corresponding Nature commentary proposing a path toward carbon neutrality systemwide by 2025.

Comments

Popular Posts